Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cracked… And Service-Uh

This is one of my new favorite things.  Cracked nail polish.

I never paint my fingernails because it’s simply requires too much upkeep.  I always have my toenails painted though because I think it’s pretty and no one can tell when it starts to chip so I can be lazy with it.  And I think toenails look gross.

I know they have this in America but its hugely popular here.  I see it on tv all the time and I finally went out and bought it this weekend.  Cracked Nail Polish.  It’s awesome. You apply it just like regular nail polish, only on top of a bright color, and it dries up like cracked glass.

DSCN2183

I realize this is a silly thing to write a blog about but it’s made me insanely happy.  The girl at the store painted my finger so I could see what it was like. I won’t wear this on my fingers, not quite my style.  I did however, get home and immediately put it on my toes over hot pink.  And yes, it looks awesome.

Pending that you are still reading, here’s something that I apparently never wrote about.  Korea is filled to the brim with skin care stores.  Like more than you can possibly imagine.  My personal favorite is The Face Shop though that is more out of habit than an actual preference for their products.  They all essentially carry the same things.  Anytime you buy something in a small shop in Korea you will almost always walk away with “service”.  In Korean, you would say “service-uh”.  It’s a bad joke, but it’s true. I even get “service” at the Forever 21 in Seoul. Usually earrings.

Service is basically free stuff.  The more you buy, the more you get.  When I stop in to buy my $4 lip balm, I walk away with face masks, moisturizer, make-up samples, and cotton pads. No matter the purchase, I always get cotton pads. When I bought my Gucci perfume I walked away with a whole other bag of goodies, including a full-size bottle of face moisturizer.  Probably $40 worth of free stuff.  This time I spent around $30 so I got a cute little vinyl make-up bag.

DSCN2188

What I bought….

DSCN2190

And this is what I got free.  I think she looks like me except that I don’t wink. Well, more like me than anything else in this country.  It’s a perfect case for my newly purchased nail stuff, too. I like it a lot.

In case you were wondering, I also got cotton pads with the make-up case.

No comments:

Post a Comment