Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Week in Review

I flew half way around the world with my dog. A feat not to be taken lightly.

I have found the local Starbucks, KFC and Krispie Creme but I have yet to find a McDonald’s.  That’s a bit disappointing.

I learned my first Korean word.

I learned my first Korean cuss word too.

I ate real Korean food, sitting on the floor of a real Korean restaurant.

I almost got run over by a pizza delivery man on the sidewalk.

I almost got my dog run over by a car.

I walk to the school, grocery store, park, anywhere and everywhere and I love it. It also isn’t the rainy season yet.

I’ve watched an awful lot of Animal Planet.  Out of 100 channels, it’s the only one in English. I should be fully informed on the mating habits of African Elephants by the time I come home.

I am happier than I’ve been in an awfully long time.

I drank Soju (“the Korean whiskey”) and Korean beer, which tastes remarkably like American beer.

Just like in Orlando, I have fought with a copy machine almost daily.  Only this time the controls are solely in Korean.

I found cupcakes in the most unsuspecting of places.

My dog ate said cupcakes.  I didn’t even get to try them.

I feel like I just woke up one morning and I was here.  I think I’ve acclimated quite well.

While Charles knows the command “be nice”, I think it has changed meaning from “don’t bark” to “get ready! an unsuspecting victim is right around the corner!”

I think I’ve been cussed out by a decent amount of Korean’s because of my dog’s behavior problems.

I have also learned that Koreans love dogs. Well, most Koreans. Ok, some.

I haven’t had any freak out moments yet.  Even I anticipated experiencing a few of them.

I really want to try the pizza here but I’m still to nervous to try to order it on my own.

I have eaten what seems like some of the silliest food combinations.

All of the girls giggle here.  And just like me, they cover their mouths when they do it.

I’ve actually impressed myself. And that’s hard to do.

I have met some of the nicest people on the planet in a beautiful and kind country. 

I have slept, a lot.

I have fallen in love.  I could stay here forever.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm so glad you're so happy! Good for you! You found happiness all on your own. Can't wait to hear what happens next. I giggled at your fighting with the Korean copy machine.

    ReplyDelete